Brand new Hope Tech 4 XC Gravel MTB Brakes Limited Edition Factory Racing Green. Full manufacturer’s warranty.
Please note: The brakes are sold individually. Please add front and rear separately in the cart if you require a set.
The all new Tech 4 X2 builds on our 25+ years’ experience designing and manufacturing hydraulic brake systems. The Tech 4 uses all new internal sealing for reduced friction and the pivot spins on roller bearings, allowing the spring rate to be reduced. The lower spring rate in turn gives a lighter lever action, reducing rider fatigue and keeping our legendary feel and modulation. The updated V4 caliper utilises hybrid style Stainless steel pistons with a phenolic insert allowing for smoother movement and less maintenance, while still able to manage high temperatures without heat transfer during extreme use.
– Increased power versus Tech 3
– Lever shape updated to provide a more ergonomic shape orientated to provide the best mechanical advantage during braking.
– Hinged clamp reducing weight and ergonomics
– Tool free bite point and reach adjustments
– Rigid CNC’d one piece caliper
– Compatible with a wider range of current shifter options
– Complete brake available in Black or Silver with colour accent of green.
– Choose either standard or braided hose (braided hose is an extra cost)
– 30% pressure increase compared with the Tech 3 brake
– Hinged clamp design to reduce weight and reservoir area increased to lower overall stack height.
– Shifter integration has been improved and now offers 30° of angle adjustment as well as neater packaging and compatibility with the latest shifters. Lateral adjustment on both sides of the master cylinder is also possible to give a wide range of lever position options.
– Hybrid-style pistons that allow smoother movement and require less maintenance, and a phenolic insert to manage heat transfer during extreme use.
– The Tech 4 retains the tool-free bite point and reach adjustments from the Tech 3
– All Tech 4 brakes are supplied with new racing compound pads. For more information on all our pad compounds see the new pad guide on our website.
Flatmount Caliper Mount options:
Mount Z: Required to fit the X2 FM caliper onto Front Flatmount standard and use a Ø160 disc – Front Flatmount standard is typically found on road/gravel/CX forks
Mount Y: Required to fit the X2 FM caliper onto Rear Flatmount standard using Ø160 disc – Rear Flatmount std is typically found on the back of some road/grave/CX frame but also lately on light XC frames
The caliper will also fit directly on Flatmount rear standard using a Ø140 disc.
For more information please see our guides in the manuals and diagrams section.
**Note** – The Flatmount X2 caliper is designed for use with the Hope Tech 4, Tech 3, XCR Pro and Tech/Tech Evo levers only.